Thursday, October 13, 2005

A Sweet Spot Called Dolce

Tonight my friend Nicole and I were out looking for Celebs. We drove past all the typical celeb haunts--The Ivy, News Cafe, Chaya--looking for the Papas (as Nicole refers to the Paparazzi). Alas, no Papas in sight. Maybe Hollywood decided to take a night off? Just my luck.

So, we headed off to a spot where Ashton Kucther is part-owner: Dolce Enoteca & Ristorante on Melrose Ave. We drive around a bit trying to locate the restaurant. Nicole says that many of the hot spots in L.A. have no signing on their facades. I guess this adds to the allure, eh? We eventually arrive and enter into a dimly-lit lounge-cum-restaurant, with black leather seating and a fire-lit bar. Of course, loud 80s music is pumping through the dining room---so typical of L.A.

We belly up to the bar for a few glasses of wine. The wine list is not overly exciting, but the food choices deserve a second look--tapas style portions of Italian favorites: risotto, gnocchi, and prosciutto to name a few. Unfortunately, I was stuffed from a prior restaurant visit earlier in the evening, but next time I jaunt to L.A., Dolce is on my list.

Melrose and Sweetzer, Hollywood
323.852.7174


Photos courtesy of Dolce

No comments: